I recently shared my story of 3 hospital births and why I’ve chosen a home delivery for my fourth. Going into labor and delivery, I’ve never felt completely empowered. I was more fearful than anything. Modern medicine teaches us to fear the pain that is to come with child birth. They tell us not to worry though because they can numb the bottom half of our body so we don’t feel a thing. But I say now, what kind of experience is that?
Birth is a spiritual thing. It’s something that happens only a few times during your lifetime for some women. A portal between two worlds.
Birth is sacred and should be treated as such.
Our bodies were made to birth and women have been doing it lonnnng before we, and before modern medicine, came along.
I’ve been preparing myself mentally for my next birth experience and these 25 empowering birth affirmations have been my favorite things to recite. I practice them to myself now, so that I believe in them even more strongly when the time comes.
Our mindset is the key to everything in life. “A beautiful day begins with a beautiful mindset.”
A beautiful birth begins with a beautiful mindset. It’s time to stop fearing the pain of child birth and start embracing the purpose of it. Work with your mind, body, and soul to bring your child Earth side. Use these 25 empowering birth affirmations to remind yourself of your ability to bring your baby earth side, all on your own.
- My body was made to deliver this child
- My baby and I are working together
- This pain will not last forever
- Each wave brings me closer to meeting my baby
- My body knows exactly what to do
- I trust my body and my capabilities
- I am strong and in control
- I am stronger than my contractions
- I allow every muscle in my body to work together
- I can do anything for 60 seconds
- This is a strength I didn’t know I had
- My baby will descend with my mind calm
- Women have been giving birth for generations before me
- Knees in, feet out, breathe through
- I trust my body
- This pain is productive
- This pain has a purpose
- My cervix is softening and the birth portal is opening
- My surges can not be stronger than me because they are me
- This is a spiritual experience, a door between two worlds
- The calm comes after each wave
- Today is the day I meet my child
- I surrender to this experience of birth
- Birth is safe and natural
- I can breathe my baby out
I hope that these affirmations can help give you a different outlook on child birth. Practice them for the weeks leading up to your delivery. Print them on cards to keep near you. Record yourself saying them and then have the audio playing during labor. Focus on you, prepare your mind, and have a beautiful experience mama.
Leave a Reply